A Day In The Life Of A House Sitter!

Remember the photo stories of the 1980’s in magazines and newspapers? How cool were they?

I loved reading them as a kid, imagining my life as a photo story, complete with bubble thoughts and boxed narration.

This is an homage to that art form: a day in the life of a house sitter.
A Day In The Life Of A Housesitter001A Day In The Life Of A Housesitter002A Day In The Life Of A Housesitter003We have been working as house sitters for four years now and we’ve looked after this house in rural North Yorkshire the most.

Bonzo and Elfie are two of the best dogs on the planet, they are so much fun and they have such different personalities: Bonzo is crazy, gorgeous and full of life, he follows you around wherever you go with eyes of complete adoration.

Elfie is a beauty, and she knows it, a thoughtful soul who demands loves a cuddle!

How could anyone resist those kohl-rimmed eyes!

I thought a photo story might be a fun way to show an average day of a house sitter, I don’t quite spend all day glued to my laptop!

Pin this post!

A Day In The Life Of A House Sitter

Stick around!

Keeping a Creative Travel Journal something to really treasure, full of memories, labels and doodles.

Moments of Clarity Have you ever found yourself acutely aware of the moment when you’re travelling?

Going Home, Post Travel Depression returning home after an epic trip can totally suck, I’ve done it a few times now. Here are some tips to help you through it.

Is The Osprey Ozone 36 The Best Wheeled Carry On Pack? I’ve road tested it, it sure is!

Do you remember those 80’s photo stories? What do you think of mine? Would you like to see more of them?

By Rachel A Davis   Follow on Bloglovin

20 Responses

1. Dave Rowley says:

Love it Rachel !! What program did you use to make this? Very fun and interesting
    Dave Rowley recently posted…Ozgehan Istanbul Interview Part 1My Profile

2. Oh, this I absolutely adore!!
    Emma @ Adventures of a London Kiwi recently posted…Travel and a few of my favourite things – November Travel LinkupMy Profile

3. Lucy says:

Love it! I was obsessed with those magazines when I was younger!
    Lucy recently posted…October 2015 On the LuceMy Profile

• Rachel Davis says:

Brilliant! I think it was Just Seventeen for me, oh how I wanted to be seventeen and just like the frothy haired girls in photo stories, with the cool boys! πŸ˜‰

4. What a fabulous way to show us all your house sitting routine Rachel as I myself was curious about what your typical day involved when you house sit and I must say, having read this, I’m getting a feel for just how productive you are with your time! That’s an impressive amount of stuff to get done all in a day’s work!
    Shikha (whywasteannualleave) recently posted…A Chef’s Collaboration Dinner with Kayumanis Resort Hotels, BaliMy Profile

5. Miriam says:

That was great fun Rachel, what a lot of work it must ave taken too, very well crafted! I love the dogs and it does look as though you guys are in a beautiful light filled house with great surroundings. Well done on keeping up with the Finnish, I’m impressed, I tend to leave my Portuguese until we land there, perhaps that’s why I’m not making great progress πŸ˜‰
    Miriam recently posted…Day 3 refugee camp, FranceMy Profile

• Rachel Davis says:

Hi Miriam! Thank you! It is such a beautiful dream house, I love it and the dogs! I do a little bit of the Finnish every day if I can, try to make a routine out of it. I’ve become a wee bit obsessed with it, but I guess that’s not a bad thing πŸ˜‰

6. Meghan says:

This is such a creative post – I love it. Bonzo and Elfie are adorable!!
    Meghan recently posted…Waterfall Madness and Possible TrespassingMy Profile

7. mimi says:

Love it!!!
    mimi recently posted…Non, Je Ne Regrette RienMy Profile

8. I absolutely loved this post!!! <3 Btw, great to notice you are doing your Finnish homework. πŸ˜‰
    Saana Β· Live now – dream later recently posted…Four emotive experiences in the restaurants of VilniusMy Profile

9. This is so creative and cute! I think you have a flair for making photo diaries :)
    Kerry at Kerry Cooks recently posted…Easy Halloween CookiesMy Profile

10. Aw, Rachel – I love this! I totally used to love these stories too and how gorgeous are those pups? x

1. May 13, 2016

[…] A Day in the Life of a House Sitter Rachel Davis imagines her life as a 1980s photo story, complete with bubble thoughts and boxed narration. […]

This site uses Cookies - By using this site or closing this you agree to our Cookies policy.
Accept Cookies